Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

yummy! it's soup time!


When a co-worker (the fabulous Molly of Fat Bottom Boudoir) told me about Nana’s a few months ago, my first reaction was “Why are we going to eat at a soup kitchen?” What I discovered is that A) I need to listen more carefully to what people say, and B) Nana’s makes awesome soup.

Nana’s is in an old house in Fremont that feels like one of those places I would have hung out in during college – it’s funky, earthy, small, crowded, and has that distinct Seattle nouveau-hippie vibe. Thankfully it does not smell like patchouli or clove cigarettes.

They serve wraps, salads, paninis, wraps, microbrews, espresso, and (you guessed it) soup. I opted for the soup/salad combo – creamy tomato basil, spinach salad with almonds and mandarin slices, and a cornbread muffin. It’s not cheap, but the food is good and you get a lot for your money.

Visit Nana’s Soup House

No comments:

Post a Comment